RSS

Cool in Norway: Trondheim (August 19th-21st, 2012)

Okay! Finally i have mood to continue 'my travel to Norway' story! :D

It was Ied al-Fitr on August 19th, 2012. We prayed in local mosque. There are 2 mosques in Trondheim. I do not remember the name, but the one we visited is the newer one. The next event was Halal bi Halal with Indonesian who are in Trondheim. It is an event where people meet to celebrate an event. It was held in Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) or NTNU for short. My cousin told me that people there call this university as Hogwarts because of the building architecture. :D

NTNU
NTNU is the huge building on the left.

After full with many delicious Indonesian food and meeting with many people, my cousin family drove me to see around Trondheim. This city has mountain area and amazing fjords. I enjoyed a lot the scenery while i always had visited big cities as my travel destination before. I did not take pictures during this trip because we just drove through and everybody was really tired on that day.



On the next day i spent my day enjoying beautiful nature of Trondheim and small towns nearby.

TRD2

TRD3

TRD4
Where My Cousin's Family Swim and Have Picnic

There is a town which has interesting name. Its name is Hell :D In Norwegian hell means "luck". The famous place of this town:

TRDHell

TRDHell
The Famous Hell Train Station :D

The train station is famous in this town. "Gods" in Norwegian means "goods" in English. Quite amusing if we read it as English words :p You can see more pictures on exviking.net. Those two pictures are taken from the website.

On the next day everybody went work and i explored the city center by myself. I went to the Nidaros Cathedral, took pictures near the Old Town Bridge, and saw Trondheim from the top in the Kristiansten Fortress.

Nidaros
Nidaros Cathedral

Norway Houses
Those colorful wooden houses are typical in Norway.

Trondheim
Trondheim from Above *o*

After visiting those places, i went back to city center looking for souvenirs. I only bought magnet for refrigerator, though. I only brought a backpack, because i took Ryanair. So i only bought small souvenir.

Trondheim City Center
Trondheim City Center

I called it a day, went home, and started packing to go back to Oslo the following day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment